A full cycle of game time is four hours of real time. The location description pane of the interface tells you whether it is day or night, and an approximate time of day. The time of day affects your chances of success when searching for an item or a hiding place.
- "The sun is high overhead." (Day, 1st Half)
- "The sun is low in the West." (Day, 2nd Half)
- "It is dark outside. Night has fallen." (Night, 1st Half)
- "You can make out the sun in the East as it begins to rise." (Night, 2nd Half)
In Purgatorio or Nifleheim:
- "There is a great deal of ambient light being cast by the mists above." (Day, 1st Half)
- "The mists in the void are producing very little light." (Day, 2nd Half)
- "There is no light coming from the void. Night has fallen." (Night, 1st Half)
- "The mists in the void are starting to glow." (Night, 2nd Half)
- "The sun is shining bright overhead. It is a clear and crisp yellow."
- "The sky is a dim, cloudless grey. The only ambient light appears to be coming from the firepits."
When it is Daylight Savings Time you can subtract 100 from every one.